1. Privacy Statement
Generator Power Ltd are committed to protecting your personal data. This notice provides you with the information on what personal data we capture and how we use it.
2. Privacy Notice
2.1 Who are we?
Generator Power Limited is a hire provider of diesel generators and services to commercial, industry, and public-sector clients among others. We work with several suppliers, partners and contractors to provide such services to a geographically and organisationally diverse client base.
For any data protection related queries, we can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we collect is:
|Personal data type:
|Source (where Generator Power obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note if thepersonal data has been accessed from publicly accessible sources):
|Business contact details; Names, Job titles, Email address, Phone numbers (landline/mobile), delivery/installation address
|Indirect: Site contact information from customersDirect: Customer hire booking process, quote requests.
|Incidental information; Annual leave, birthdays, social events, opinions
|Directly from customer or informed customer employee/colleague.
|Credit/debit details, bank details
|Directly from customer
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Facilitating business transactions
- Delivery of hired or purchased goods
- Marketing and promotion of our goods and services
- General customer service/relationship management
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Contractual obligation
- Legal obligation
- Legitimate business interest
Any legitimate interests pursued by Generator Power Ltd are as follows:
- Business development (lead generation, relationship management)
- To provide goods and services to our customers.
- To provide goods and services on behalf of our customers.
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- We do not collect any special categories of personal data of any kind.
Generator Power Ltd will pass on your personal data to third parties. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities.
|Facilitating business transactions
|Delivery of hired/purchased goods
|Delivery of purchased goods/service
2.3 Retention Period
Generator Power Ltd will process customer’s personal data for as long as they are a valid or potential customer. Generator Power will store the personal data for this period, unless there is a legitimate, contractual or legal obligation that would require us to remove personal data.
|A business who has transacted with us for the provision of goods or services.
|A business who’s contact details we have legitimately gained through sources defined in table 2.1 andwho we would like to transact with.
|Contact information: Between 2 years – indefinitely (until request for the data to be removed)Financial information: 7 years minimum
|Contact information: We only retain data relating to a business, this is held indefinitely. A contact from a prospective business can request to be removed.
2.4 People whose personal data we process, have the following rights
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 2.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Generator Power Ltd (or third parties as described in 2.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Generator Power Ltd.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details
|Data controller contact details
|Information Commissioners office (ICO)
|Generator Power Limited
|Address line 1:
|Information Commissioners Office
|Address line 2:
|Normanton Industrial Estate
|Address line 3:
|Address line 4:
|Address line 5:
|0303 123 1113